Sunday, February 6, 2011

2011 Super Bowl

I didn't think the 2011 Super Bowl commercials were as great as previous years but there were some really creative ones. My favorite was this one, done for VW.



Many of the Super Bowl ads were in your face humorous, such as the Doritos and Pepsi ones. The thing I liked about the VW one was it's simplicity and subtle humor. There's no conversation going on at all, just different scenes. Even though the kid has his face covered, you still can feel emotion through his body language. The part I liked the most was when his mom slides the sandwich over to him. You see that "Oh, mom..." emotion that we all recognize. I also think the brand did a good job of hitting their target audience, being families. Whenever I think of targeting families I feel limited in what can be done so this ad really inspires me on how a family oriented commercial can also be hilarious.

Video found on YOUTUBE

No comments:

Post a Comment