Saturday, February 12, 2011

Going viral

We've been working on a project where we have to come up with a viral video and I think a lot of us had trouble with staying away from commercials. At least I did. I felt like I had to mention the brand in there somewhere but that's not what viral videos are all about. It's just meant to be cool. Whatever you're doing in the viral video doesn't have to relate to the brand. I think this is a good example of that.



What they are doing is blowing out and re-lighting these candles with a cannon. And what's the brand? Erbert & Gerbert's subs. This brand has nothing to do with cannons or candles except for the fact they were celebrating their 20th anniversary. However, it does show how fun the brand is without directly saying that. Anyway, the thing that's going to help us with our viral videos is maybe stepping out of our branding boxes. We all watch youtube everyday so we know what's out there and what people on the web find funny. All we have to do is think of something new.

Video found on YOUTUBE

2 comments:

  1. Somethimes you just have to do something crazy.. It doens't mather of it has to do something with your brand or not.. Just show or do something that makes your brand cooler. A funny thing can make your brand much more interesting. This is indeed one of the examples for a viral video.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Finally someone else posted a blog! its practically mid night and no one has posted!!! Thanks!!! I love the giant smoke ring machine! I can do them IRL!!! Wanna see a smoke square?! Or boat?? I hope it helps you get out of your branding box I am still stuck in mine :(

    ReplyDelete