Friday, January 21, 2011

QR codes in fashion

QR codes have been popping up all around making it easy for smartphone users to access information about certain products or promotions. You can find them on movie posters, billboards, print ads, shop windows and now, even clothing.



This scarf, created by Lendorff Kayway, is entitled "The Invader Scarf". As you can see, the QR code is at the bottom of the scarf and while it may go along with the design of the scarf, it is not only for looks. The code actually works and holds messages with "goodies". I'm guessing just company information but it doesn't go into detail. The company is a combination of London based pixel knitwear designers, Office Lendorff, and mobile enthusiasts, Kaywa, from Switzerland.

I'm not a fashionista but personally I don't think the scarf is very attractive. However, I do think the idea is interesting. I can see this being a big trend if the company ever expands to other countries. It could be cool to have different articles of clothing to go with the scarf like jeans or a T-shirt. I wonder if there is a way to change the code to make it look more stylish or just change the colors from black and white to something colorful. Another thing I was wondering is if people will know if it's a real code or not. Also, will people think its weird to scan a strangers scarf or other article of clothing? I have mixed feelings about it but I think it's a cool concept and can expand.

Check it out

No comments:

Post a Comment