Sunday, January 23, 2011

Finally..

I'm sure most of us are aware that Verizon is finally coming out with the Iphone after a long wait. Verizon has promised the Iphone to customers for awhile now and luckily, most Verizon customers were loyal enough to wait for the special day. First of all, being a Verizon customer myself, I think Verizon is a great company and this is a reason why their customers didn't just switch over to AT&T right away. They knew Verizon would stick to their word even though it did take awhile. I also think that more people will switch over to Verizon now, not only for the Iphone but also for the good service. Regardless of the services and company, I really just wanted to talk about the commercial out for the new Verizon Iphone. But first, let's take a look at the first Iphone commercial ever.



At this point we didn't know what the Iphone had to offer so, of course, the commercial had to focus on the phone and what it could do. Makes sense and turned out to be a cool ad. Now let's take a look at the Verizon ad for the Iphone.



Here, we don't see the product at all. We already know everything about it so why do something that was already done? I think this is a clever way to promote the Iphone to Verizon customers. If you are a Verizon customer, you would know the feeling of just waiting for this day to come, being anxious and wondering whether it would ever actually happen and the commercial captured that feeling perfectly. I also like how they mention something like “thank you for being loyal customers and waiting”, which shows how the company cares about their customers, making customers feel special that they stayed with Verizon. Something clever I saw in the commercial was in one of the shots you see a Mac, giving a little bit of a hint to what the commercial was for but still, never showing the product.

So, I love Verizon, I loved the spot and the Iphone does look pretty cool. I actually just had an upgrade on my phone and I could of waited a few weeks to get the Iphone but I'm sticking with my Blackberry. I just can't give up my brick breaker and BBM. But, I'm sure more people out there would rather switch to the Iphone and Verizon's business will only grow.

Videos found on YOUTUBE

1 comment:

  1. FINALLY IS RIGHT. I've been waiting for this moment, since I saw that Ad at the top of your post. I LOVE this ad. It's true, everyone in our class has Iphones and I feel so left out with my blackberry. It really does feel like I've been watching the clock for the past couple years. I love that the phone isn't shown as well. My upgrade is up in Feb so I'm in luck ! The art direction and over all look is really neat in the commercial as well. I don't have cable but I bet it looks really nice on the TV.

    ReplyDelete