Monday, March 21, 2011

The power of image

These three print ads instantly caught my eye with bright colors and interesting scenes. It gives a feeling of imagination and magic. The ads are for AT&T's "best coverage worldwide". It's saying that if these magical places actually existed, AT&T would still have you covered. More than the message, I like the playful images.







The thing that gets people is obviously the images. However, the message doesn't come across to me well with only the image. Usually we use our creative headlines to grab people but if you have an eye catching image, you don't really need an awesome headline. Sometimes you don't need a headline at all.

I also like the treatment of product placement. The phone in each one is surrounded by a design based on the theme of the image. The white border around the outside grounds the image, with some elements crossing the border which adds to the playfulness of the ad. To sum up, this ad's just really fun and unique for a phone ad.

Found on adsoftheworld

1 comment:

  1. I like the idea of the ads, but I am not sure about the art direction. Atlantis doesn't really look like Atlantis, Euphoria doesn't make me feel any sense of Euphoria, but rather I should be entoxicated. And for those who know what lillipot is, the image of the feet alludes to "Gulliver's Travels" takes the whimsy out of it by showing just some feet. I feel like the strongest is Atlantis, because most people know what Atlantis is, but I feel like the could have used other places like Atlantis, such as Mount Olympus or other places that are more imaginary.

    ReplyDelete