Friday, November 5, 2010

Weddings at McDonald's?

Hong Kong will be the first city in the world to have wedding services at the well known fast food restaurant, McDonald's starting January 1st. The package includes:

A baked apple pie wedding cake



Dress made out of party balloons



McDonald's catering



Couples will toast their marriage with soft drinks (since no alcohol is allowed in McDonald's)



Alright, you get the point. This just sounds and looks ridiculous. The idea came about when a couple held their wedding party at McDonald's. They met and dated at the fast food restaurant so this, in a way, made sense. I personally think it's a mixture of trashy and hilarious. I'm not sure if the whole McDonald's wedding will take off (especially without alcohol) nor do I think it would improve their sales. I don't know about other people but I don't think it's very cool. Running off to Vegas to get married=fun. Running off to McDonald's to get married=lame!

I really don't think this will help McDonald's whatsoever. Ideas?


Read the article

1 comment:

  1. Hah that is so crazy. I think that McDonalds is going to be the next Walmart. It's going to eventually have everything we need. Also it being Hong Kong, they do anything. I think that this is a hilarious idea, and crazy that McDonalds would even do something like this. I wonder if they will start to continue this. I wonder if they are going to take this advertising turn and make themselves a wedding hall. Well, we shall see.

    ReplyDelete