Sunday, September 12, 2010

Post-it Art




While I was searching through adsoftheworld, this campaign caught my eye. It's an awesome colorful mosaic. But wait, the campaign is for post-its. Theentire “mosaic” was made of post-its. I was simply amazed. The super-sticky notes were displayed in Grand Central Terminal's Vanderbilt Hall. The artwork was picked through a student competition. They got to have their artwork displayed on the world's largest billboard made of Post-it Notes. Impressive.


However, this isn't the first time that art has been madeout of Post-it Notes. I remember seeing an episode of Extreme Makeover where they covered a wall with Post-its in a cool design. Now that was pretty cool but not as impressive as the Post-it campaign. Still, it has been done before and not in just these two examples.



I looked up Post-it art and found these two amazing pieces of artwork. The image with the hand isn't as artistic as the campaign, but it is more colorful which caught my eye. The car image is just awesome. I would never have thought of covering a car in Post-its.


I still think this is a great campaign but I can't help but wonder who came up with it first. Regardless, these other Post-it artworks are also advertising for Post-it. Everyone can recognize a Post-it Note from a mile away so these other pieces of art are just a benefit to Post-it.


Has anyone ever made Post-it art or ever thought about it?

No comments:

Post a Comment